What is Matcha?Matcha is finely ground powder of specifically grown, harvested and processed green tea. In the 12th century, it was considered the staple ingredient included in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies. Tea which can be used during the traditional Japanese tea ceremony is referred to as ceremonial-grade matcha. This would mean that the matcha powder is good enough for tea ceremony. Matcha used in the preparation of foods for flavor and dying purposes, is referred to as culinary-grade matcha. There is no standard industry definition or requirements for either grade, so it can be hard to decipher them.
My Review:While MatchaOrganics Matcha Green Tea Powder can be used to make green tea by simply mixing it with hot water, I prefered to use it in baking. I was not a huge fan of the powdery taste that the Matcha left behind in drinks, but when used in baking it tasted much better. It still tastes slightly like green tea, so you do have to be prepared for that! I was quite surprised by the number of Matcha recipes after a quick search on Pinterest and ended up making Ryan's Matcha Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Pecans from kikucorner.com. I substituted walnuts for the pecans. They turned out great!
What are the Health Benefits of Matcha?
- Matcha is an all-natural metabolism booster that aids to burning fat up to 4X faster than average. It's best to drink Matcha 15 - 30 min before a workout to enhance fat burning.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol- Drinking this USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder, regularly, will aid in preventing heart disease by lowering the levels of LDL (Bad) cholesterol while raising the levels of HDL (good) cholesterol. This
- MatchaOrganics Matcha Green Tea Powder is an excellent dieting supplement and natural detox for everyday nutrition.
- Helps to increase Energy, aid in Memory and enhance Focus- Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder contains an Amino Acid called L-Theanine, which enhances all day energy, mental clarity and focus for up to 6 hours.
- Matcha Green Tea Powder is a great substitute for coffee because it does not contain caffeine- so you will not get the jitters. This makes it an excellent choice for intense studying or high focus jobs.
- Healthier than brewed green tea- USDA Organic Matcha green tea powder contains over 1300 antioxidants. This is 137X more antioxidants than traditionally brewed green tea. Traditional green tea is just brewed from the leaf, with matcha you are consuming the entire green tea leaf. This dramatically increases the amount of natural antioxidants and L-Theanine that is consumed.
Matcha Organics, Organic Green Tea Matcha is available for purchase on Amazon. It also comes with a great ebook that includes 100 top matcha recipes. They have been kind enough to offer a coupon code for 40% off to my readers! be sure to take advantage of this great deal now through June 30th with coupon code: 5SJLCMMW
Disclaimer: I received this product from in exchange for my honest review. All opinions conveyed are my own genuine impressions.