As I am sure most of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is a yearly campaign to help increase awareness of the disease. With more than 200,000 new cases of breast cancer expected in 2015 alone, breast cancer is now the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women. It is important to take the necessary steps to protect to detect the disease before it spreads.
With continued funding, there is hope that a cure will be found. This is why Glamulet is helping the cause by creating beautiful Pink Charms, specially crafted to support the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign. When you purchase their Pink Charms, 50% of the sales will be donated to charities for breast cancer. Be sure to check out their full line here: Glamulet- Pink October
A little bit about Glamulet- They are a jewelry brand specializing in charms. Glamulet designs was launched in 2014, and within the past two years already has customers in Europe, USA, Canada, South Africa and Asia. Manufacturing and selling a wide range of modern and quality charms, Glamulet gives you the opportunity to create your own unique bracelet. The brand's engagement in the breast cancer support campaign Pink October shows that they aim to bring to women the welfare they deserve.
Some general facts about breast cancer in the US from Nationalbreastcancer.org:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year
This post is sponsored through BrandBacker and Glamulet.